Best of both worlds!!!
Far enough to avoid traffic, high cost of living and low compensation, but close enough to enjoy the amenities of one of the greatest cities in America.
Comparison between Kankakee and Chicago markets:
- 12-18 month contract (Chicago) vs 36 months (Kankakee)
- Starting salary of $300,000's (Chicago) vs $575,000 (Kankakee)
- Cover 2-5 hospitals (Chicago) vs. One hospital (Kanakee)
- High traffic (Chicago) vs. Limited to no traffic (Kankakee)
- Estabished referral patterns (Chicago) vs. large primary care referral base to build a busy practice quickly
- Cost of living up to 25% less than Chicago