- Seeking BE/BC Emergency Medicine physician.
- Annual Volume: 39,000 (decrease from 55,000 over past two years with opening of the walk-in clinic and convenient care clinics in our community
- Shifts five – 10 hour shifts per day (6a-4p, 8a-6p, 2p-12a, 4p-2a, 10p-8a)
- Physicians rotate through shifts with blocks on and blocks off, typically 4 on, 4 off then a block of 8 off once all shifts have been worked.
- 1660 hours per year on average, 166 shifts per year
- Hourly Rate Doctors are entered in payroll as a .9 status for full-time benefit purposes (1872 hours). The effective hourly rate of pay / $360K/1656 = $217.39
- Opportunity to earn $450,000+ annually with bonuses.
To be eligible to apply for privileges in Emergency Medicine, the initial applicant must meet the following criteria:
Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited residency in emergency medicine or a combination of successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency in primary care specialty such as family medicine, internal medicine or general surgery with added certification by the American Association of Physician Specialists (AAPS).
Current certification within 5 years of Residency by their primary board or emergency medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
Required current experience: Active, at least 1,200 hours, practice in an emergency department (ED), reflective of the scope of privileges requested, in the past 12 months with a census equal to or exceeding 2,700 patient visits annually or successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency or clinical fellowship within the past 12 months.
Current certification in ACLS, PALS, (must be American Heart Association) and ATLS.