Market: Non-Metropolitan (Less than 50,000)
Sign on Bonus:Yes
Accept J1 Visa:No
Accept H1b Visa:No
Permanent: Full time
What you need to know:
- There is currently a one-physician, on nurse practitioner Gastroenterology Department that needs another high quality, full-time G.I. specialist.
- We expect all of our physicians to be Board Certified (or Board Eligible if coming out of training), to pursue clinical excellence, deliver outstanding patient satisfaction, and work agreeably as part of a team.
- Physician satisfaction and retention within BPS are exceptional, and we desire to add doctors who are committed to maintaining that level of success.
- The ability to perform ERCP is preferred.
- Direct from Training: $575,000/year plus productivity incentive bonus plan.
- With Practice Experience: $600,000+ / plus productivity incentive bonus plan
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance included
- Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD & D insurance, malpractice coverage with tail, 403(b) pension plan plus 457(b) tax-deferral option, employee child care center, six weeks annual paid time off plus one week of CME time, $5,000 annual professional expense allowance, and more.
Earn More and Pay Less. Cost Of Living Of 30% Less In This Community Provides You With Significant Buying Power With The Opportunity To Build Your Dream Home, Pay Down Your Student Loans And Retire Early.
Income Potential. The Income Potential Is Greater Than Most With The Opportunity To Earn In The Top 75th%Tile In The US.
Housing Market. With Average Home Pricing Settled At $108,620 And Where A Desirable 3374 Square Ft. 5 Bedroom/4 Bath Home Sold For $255,000 Building A Quality Of Life With Substantial Savings Is Easy.
The community. The Community Is Welcoming To New Members And Offers A Series Of Fun Events Throughout The Year For Family Members And Getting To Know One Another.
About Employer. This Employer Is Committed To Its Doctors And The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 124 miles: Saint Louis, MO (STL / KSTL) Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
- 220 miles: Des Moines, IA (DSM / KDSM) Des Moines International Airport
- 226 miles: Kansas City, MO (MCI / KMCI) Kansas City International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 111 miles to Saint Louis, MO
- 178 miles to Kansas City, MO
- 241 miles to Chicago, IL
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 12 miles: Quincy, IL (UIN / KUIN) Quincy Regional Airport
- 71 miles: Kirksville, MO (IRK / KIRK) Kirksville Regional Airport
- 85 miles: Burlington, IA (BRL / KBRL) Southeast Iowa Regional Airport
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 95.5
- City Cost of Living Index - 78.0
- Median Housing Value - $108,620
Colleges and Universities:
- John Wood Community College (Full-time enrollment: 1,633; Location: 1301 S 48th Street; Public; Website: www.jwcc.edu)
- Quincy University (FT enrollment: 1,520; Location: 1800 College Ave; Private, not-for-profit; Website: www.quincy.edu; Offers Master's degree)
- Western Illinois University (about 53 miles; Macomb, IL; Full-time enrollment: 10,755)
- Southeastern Community College (about 63 miles; West Burlington, IA; FT enrollment: 2,251)
- Truman State University (about 66 miles; Kirksville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,553)
- White 89.4% ,
- Black 5.8% ,
- American Indiana and Alaska Native 0.1%,
- Asian 1.3%,
- Hispanic 1.5%"
- Two or more races 1.8%
- State Income Tax Rate - 3.75%
- State Sales Tax Rate - 6.25%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 1.5%
- County Sales Tax Rate - 0.25
- Property Tax Rate -1.73 %
- Manufacturing (22%)
- Retail trade (16%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Construction (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- The City of Quincy is home to an impressive park system. The Quincy Park District consists of 28 parks, a 27-hole golf course, 12 playgrounds and 2 swimming pools, encompassing over 900 acres.
- Gardner Park is located on 38 acres at Third Street just North of Locust. A new shelter house was built that features picnic tables and a grill. Nearby are restrooms and a new playground. There is also an outdoor basketball court and a trailer dumping station for campers is available for public use.
Arts & Culture:
- The Villa Kathrine is a Moroccan-style home located on the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River in Quincy, Illinois. The unique home, sometimes branded as a castle.
- The Quincy Art Center is a museum of the visual arts. A variety of rotating exhibitions are presented throughout the year. Important contemporary Midwestern art is a primary focus, and work by artists of national and international renown are also featured.
Sports for the Spectator:
- You can watch NCAA Division II at Quincy University.
- You can drive out 111 miles to watch St.Louis proffessional baseball, basketball, hockey, and more.
Sports for the Participant:
- The park district offers program for aquatics, baseball/softball, basketball, golf, soccer, and tennis.
- Westview Golf Course is dotted with white sand bunkers, ponds, and hundreds of mature trees. The design and layout of this 27-hole Illinois golf course will challenge the skilled player or provide an enjoyable experience for the average player or beginner.
- Lee Harrison Shopping Center has over 118,000 square feet of commercial space with unique businesses, service providers, and enticing restaurants
- Quincy Mall has 50-plus stores suited for all ages and all types of clothing.
Top Five things to do:
- All Wars Museum
- Villa Kathrine
- Quincy Museum
- John Wood Mansion
- 9/11 Memorial
Arlington HealthCare is the only third-party recruitment firm that has received the AIM Certified Recruiter distinction that represents our commitment to career and life balance for a long and rewarding life/career in medicine.
Demonstrating our commitment beyond finding you a job, your Arlington HealthCare recruiter is Certified to deliver and guide you through the industry leading Adventures in Medicine career and life planning resources.
Each recruiter is skilled and knowledgeable in the individual AIM content and resources that have been developed through industry thought leaders in the success of practicing medicine today.
Your AHC recruiter will be able to coach, challenge and guide you through a series of topics including, but not limited to:
- Contracts and Negotiation
- CV/ Cover Letter
- Job Selection
- Job Transition
- Life, Money, and Career Priorities
- Loan Repayment
- Market Trends
- Non-Clinical Jobs
- Professional Development
- Search Strategy
- Type of Practice
- Wealth Management
Every candidate walks away more informed and confident in their abilities to make the right choice.
Below is an example of a resource we will help you navigate.