Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Market: Non-Metropolitan (Less than 50,000)
Sign on Bonus:Yes
Accept J1 Visa:No
Accept H1b Visa:No Response
Permanent: Full time
Hospice & Palliative Medicine
What you need to know:
- Opportunity for a Palliative Care physician to join an established and growing inpatient Palliative Care Team with strong community support.
- Provide Palliative Care consults and follow-ups
- Provide pain and symptom management
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams
- Assist with continued development of Palliative Care programs
- Participate on the Ethics Committee
- Provide education in-house, as well as for the community
- Guaranteed base salary of $220,000 per year
- Annual performance incentives up to 16% of base
- $50,000 signing bonus
- $15,000 relocation assistance
- $5,000 annual CME allowance
- 30 days of paid time off per year
- Excellent health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits
Starting Salary For Palliative Care Medicine Is $50,000 To $75,000 More in Medford, OR compared to Portland, Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 25% Less In This Community Provides You With Significant Buying Power With The Opportunity To Build Your Dream Home, Pay Down Your Student Loans And Retire Early.
The Income Potential Is Greater Than Most With The Opportunity To Earn In The Top 75th%Tile In The US.
With Average Home Pricing Settled At $232,400 And Where A Desirable 3100 Square Ft. 5 Bedroom/3 Bath Home Sold For $428,000 Building A Quality Of Life With Substantial Savings Is Easy.
The Community Is Welcoming To New Members And Offers A Series Of Fun Events Throughout The Year For Family Members And Getting To Know One Another.
This Employer Is Committed To Its Doctors And The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 287 miles: Portland, OR (PDX / KPDX) Portland International Airport
Closest Major City:
- Portland, OR 221 miles
- Reno, NV 249 miles
- Sacramento, CA 268 miles
- Stockton, CA 311 miles
- Oakland, CA 314 miles
- San Francisco, CA 315 miles
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 4 miles: Medford, OR (MFR / KMFR) Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport
- 84 miles: Klamath Falls, OR (LMT / KLMT) Klamath Falls Airport
- 113 miles: Crescent City, CA (CEC / KCEC) Del Norte County Regional Airport
- 156 miles: Redding, CA (RDD / KRDD) Redding Municipal Airport
- 170 miles: North Bend, OR (OTH / KOTH) Southwest Oregon Regional Airport
- 177 miles: Eugene, OR (EUG / KEUG) Eugene Airport
- 179 miles: Eureka, CA (ACV / KACV) Arcata-Eureka Airport
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 115.4
- City Cost of Living Index - 97.6
- Mean Housing Cost - $232,400
Colleges and Universities:
- Southern Oregon University (about 14 miles; Ashland, OR; Full-time enrollment: 4,650)
- Rogue Community College (about 28 miles; Grants Pass, OR; FT enrollment: 3,600)
- Oregon Institute of Technology (about 56 miles; Klamath Falls, OR; FT enrollment: 2,900)
- Lane Community College (about 117 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 6,373)
- University of Oregon (about 119 miles; Eugene, OR; FT enrollment: 23,329)
- White 90.5%
- Black 0.9%
- American Indiana and Alaska Native 0.7%
- Asian 1.4%,
- Hispanic 14.0%
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 0.6%
- Two or more races 4.1%
- State Income Tax Rate - 5%-9.9%
- State Sales Tax Rate - 0%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 0%
- County Tax Rate - 0%
- Property Tax Rate - 7.12%
- Manufacturing (15%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Accomodation and food services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Transportation and warehousing (6%)
- Medford Parks and Recreation offers tons of fun events and sports for people of all ages.
- Whitewater rafting and fishing trips are offered through the Rogue Rafting Company.
- Once a sanctuary for Takelma Indians, the Upper and Lower Table Rocks are cliff-edged mesas near Medford and are a haven for hikers and endangered wildflowers. Views from the cliffs extend across the Rogue River to the Siskiyous and the Cascades.
Arts & Culture:
- Rogue Gallery & Art Center in downtown Medford Oregon promotes and provides for the study, development, and cultivation of art and creatism.
- Britt Music & Arts Festival presents dozens of summer concerts, featuring world-class artists in classical music, jazz, blues, folk, bluegrass, world, pop and country music. Britt's performance venue is a naturally formed amphitheater set among majestic ponderosa pines and native madrones on the beautiful hillside estate of 19th century photographer Peter Britt.
- Art du Jour Gallery Features a co-op of local artists from the Rogue Valley. Art works done in acrylic, oil, mixed media, pastel, pencil, watercolor, sculptures and specialty items. The exciting thing about this gallery is there is always something new to see and enjoy.
Sports for the Spectator:
- All people are welcome to come and watch the tournaments and events at the U.S. Cellular Community Park operated by the Medford Parks and Recreation Department.
- Not far from Medford is Southern Oregon University. People can come to watch all of the cross country, football, basketball, wrestling, soccer, softball, volleyball, and track and field events through the Raiders sports program.
- Rogue Rafting Company offers professionally guided whitewater rafting and fishing trips.
Sports for the Participant:
- U.S. Cellular Community Park (USCCP) is a $32 million, 132-acre state-of-the-art sports park owned by the City of Medford and operated by the Medford Parks and Recreation Department.
- The Medford Parks and Recreation Department offer softball, volleyball, basketball, soccer, tennis, and golf.
- Rogue Air Trampoline Park offers fun activities for all ages.
- The Rogue Valley Mall is the largest indoor shopping complex between Eugene, Oregon and Sacramento, California. It includes a Macy's, JCPenney, and many more stores and restaurants.
Top Five things to do:
- Rogue River
- Upper and Lower Table Rock
- Natural Bridge Loop
- DANCIN Vineyards
- Medford Railroad Park
Arlington HealthCare is the only third-party recruitment firm that has received the AIM Certified Recruiter distinction that represents our commitment to career and life balance for a long and rewarding life/career in medicine.
Demonstrating our commitment beyond finding you a job, your Arlington HealthCare recruiter is Certified to deliver and guide you through the industry leading Adventures in Medicine career and life planning resources.
Each recruiter is skilled and knowledgeable in the individual AIM content and resources that have been developed through industry thought leaders in the success of practicing medicine today.
Your AHC recruiter will be able to coach, challenge and guide you through a series of topics including, but not limited to:
- Contracts and Negotiation
- CV/ Cover Letter
- Job Selection
- Job Transition
- Life, Money, and Career Priorities
- Loan Repayment
- Market Trends
- Non-Clinical Jobs
- Professional Development
- Search Strategy
- Type of Practice
- Wealth Management
Every candidate walks away more informed and confident in their abilities to make the right choice.
Below is an example of a resource we will help you navigate.