Market: Non-Metropolitan (Less than 50,000)
Loan Repayment:No Response
Sign on Bonus:Yes
Accept J1 Visa:No
Accept H1b Visa:No
Permanent: Full time
What you need to know:
- Seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician who prefers to practice in an environment that will offer a comfortable work-life balance in a community of about 26,000 residents.
- We are searching due to community need.
- Practice can be organized as either outpatient only or traditional – at the doctor’s preference.
- Typical clinic hours.
- RN and MA support.
- Our location is the best of both worlds - the earning potential and comfortable work/life balance of a small town but with the amenities of Chicago just two hours away.
- We offer lucrative compensation
- Robust benefits packages
- Relocation Assistance
Starting Salary For An Family Medicine Is $25,000 To $50,000 More Compared To Positions Located In Chicago, IL, Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 30% Less In This Community Provides You With Significant Buying Power With The Opportunity To Build Your Dream Home, Pay Down Your Student Loans And Retire Early.
The Income Potential Is Greater Than Most With The Opportunity To Earn In The Top 90th%Tile In The US.
With Average Home Pricing Settled At $129,969 And Where A Desirable 3456 Square Ft. 4 Bedroom/2 Bath Home Sold For $225,000 Building A Quality Of Life With Substantial Savings Is Easy.
The Community Is Welcoming To New Members And Offers A Series Of Fun Events Throughout The Year For Family Members And Getting To Know One Another.
This Employer Is Committed To Its Doctors And The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 112 miles: Chicago, IL (ORD / KORD) Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 117 miles: Chicago, IL (MDW / KMDW) Chicago Midway International Airport
- 154 miles: Milwaukee, WI (MKE / KMKE) General Mitchell International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 107 miles to Chicago, IL
- 126 miles to Milwaukee, WI
- 220 miles to Saint Louis, MO
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 57 miles: Moline, IL (MLI / KMLI) Quad City International Airport
- 63 miles: Rockford, IL (RFD / KRFD) Chicago Rockford International Airport
- 85 miles: Peoria, IL (PIA / KPIA) General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 95.5
- City Cost of Living Index - 77.7
- Mean Housing Cost - $129,969
Colleges and Universities:
- Ashford University (about 27 miles; Clinton, IA; Full-time enrollment: 73,330)
- Kishwaukee College (about 44 miles; Malta, IL; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- Black Hawk College (about 45 miles; Moline, IL; FT enrollment: 5,086)
- Illinois Valley Community College (about 46 miles; Oglesby, IL; FT enrollment: 2,747)
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus (about 48 miles; Davenport, IA; FT enrollment: 60,376)
- Northern Illinois University (about 49 miles; Dekalb, IL; FT enrollment: 18,126)
- White 70.8% ,
- Black 1.2% ,
- American Indiana and Alaska Native 0.3%,
- Asian 0.9%,
- Hispanic 26.0%
- Two or more races 0.7%
- State Income Tax Rate - 3.75%
- State Sales Tax Rate - 6.25%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 7.75%
- County Sales Tax Rate - 1%
- Property Tax Rate -1.73 %
- Manufacturing (24%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Construction (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- The City of Sterling maintains seven parks in addition to the parks operated by the Sterling Park District. These are neighborhood parks located throughout the community.
- Sterling is within one of the best Park Districts in the State. The Sterling Park District offers a variety of recreational opportunities in addition to the City parks
- The Dillon Home Property functions primarily as a museum but weddings can also be hosted on the grounds.
Arts & Culture:
- At the Midway Drive In Theatre there are many movies for you and your family to watch.
- Woodlawn Arts Academy offers a wide variety of arts programming for all ages. Year-round programming includes visual arts, dance, music, theatre, woodworking, healing arts, culinary arts, literary arts and domestic arts.
- The Dillon home museum is a period home dating to the late 1800s, overlooking the Widest portion of the Rock River.
Sports for the Spectator:
- Easy access to watch the Chicago Whitesox, Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks.
- Attend Kushwaukee sporting events
Sports for the Participant:
- At Sterling-Rock Falls Family YMCA you and your family can sign up for many sports programs.
- In Sterling Athletics Warriors you can sign up for any sports team.
- The Northland mall has many stores for all ages to shop at.
- There are many other shops located through out Sterling.
Top Five things to do:
- Sinnissippi Park
- Johnny's Bar and Grill
- Midway Drive In Theatre
- Dillon Home Museum
- The Precinct
Equal Opportunity Statement
AHC is an Equal Opportunity Recruiter and Placement Service. AHC does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other designation protected by law.
Arlington Healthcare is a 3rd party physician recruitment firm. Job, compensation, community and any information contained within this site change often. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Arlington HealthCare and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.